Reports are that there are 25,000 NG troops in D.C. right now…

Updated on January 17, 2021 in General Stuff
7 on January 17, 2021

And we just drew down to 2,500 in Afghanistan.

I’ll let those numbers sink in.

Checkpoints asking for papers in D.C. around an “inauguration perimeter,” air BnB reservations widely cancelled, and all major airlines simultaneously refusing to check firearms into baggage for any flight going into the major airports close to D.C.

I’m feeling “unified,” how about you?

• Liked by
0 on January 17, 2021

All for a virtual inauguration. Contractor we’ve hired to update bathrooms also works in DC. Last 3 days he’s been stuck in the DC chaos and hasn’t made it to our house. I’m sure the excuse is all us hillbillies like January 6.

It would be hilarious if it all ended up like Northam’s 2019 2nd amendment rally. Revenge of the hillbillies.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

Only 25k?

Wonder how they picked that number.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

All they had close by in the DMV?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

Team Biden doesn’t trust the troops:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/01/12/after-deadly-capitol-riot-army-looking-at-which-troops-require-security-screening-ahead-of-biden-inauguration/

“Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., spoke with Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy this weekend and expressed “grave concerns about reports that active-duty and reserve military members were involved in the insurrection” at the Capitol.

Crow, an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran, said he asked McCarthy for Army Criminal Investigation Command to review the backgrounds of any troops involved in inauguration security, “to ensure that deployed members are not sympathetic to domestic terrorists.””

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

It is amazing how quickly a wall can be built.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/nations-capital-turned-fortress-washington-ahead-inauguration/story%3fid=75259761

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

WSJ-NBC poll asking who is responsible for Capitol riots.

Missing from the poll answers offered to respondents: “The rioters”.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2021

“The rioters.” No kidding. 😀

• Liked by
Cancel