Legacy media agrees on 2020 election conspiracy theory

Updated on February 11, 2021 in General Stuff
5 on February 8, 2021

They just view it through a totally different set of polarization lenses.

Time’s report on the election conspiracy of 2020:

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

“That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it.

(emphasis mine)

• Liked by
0 on February 8, 2021
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 8, 2021

How’d I miss that? Sorry; it’s been a week. “History is written by the victorious.”

You survive yesterday, bro?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 8, 2021

Yeah, that thread is down in the shaded part where I am conditioned to think “nothing new here.”  Apologies for the error.

Now, having said that, it is *abundantly* clear that you and I were both struck the exact same way, by the same thing, even down to the same paragraph that really tells the whole story.  I’m going to go with “peer reviewed” on the opinion, then.

Moving on…

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 8, 2021

LOL!

Our first double-thread! Makes us kind of a grownup forum, eh?

Yesterday turned into a no-op. The family decided to wait. The house is sitting unoccupied (and uncleaned) for the moment. They decided they had different priorities, which I certainly understand. Ended up picking up a couple of the kids (dead guy’s nephews, that is) and spending the afternoon running around with them instead.

BTW, the inspiration for the other thread title was this great clip from The Big Short:

https://youtu.be/PgGLgygsqus

Saw a report the other day (I should go back and dig up the link) showing that, of the election lawsuits that have actually gotten to the evidentiary stage and where court’s have actually ruled, Trump has won 14 out of 21.

I don’t think this is over. To be clear, it’s over in the sense that Biden is and will remain President. But there is a non-zero possibility that this continues to percolate, and eventually something akin to a smoking gun is found.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 11, 2021

From Brietbart:

“My suspicion that Time’s piece is both pre-emptive strike and damage limitation exercise. It anticipates the possibility that Trump will provide evidence in support of his claim that the election was “stolen.”

This evidence will be much harder to brush under the carpet in the Senate.

I’m reminded here of an old article from the Times (of London), which described the process whereby political projects are advanced by stealth.

It is at first denied that any radical new plan exists; it is then conceded that it exists but ministers swear blind that it is not even on the political agenda; it is then noted that it might well be on the agenda but is not a serious proposition; it is later conceded that it is a serious proposition but that it will never be implemented; after that it is acknowledge that it will be implemented but in such a diluted form that it will make no difference to the lives of ordinary people; at some point it is finally recognised that it has made such a difference, but it was always known that it would and voters were told so from the outset.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/05/delingpole-presidential-election-wasnt-rigged-it-was-fortified-says-time-magazine/

• Liked by
Cancel