It’s been a while since I could contribute some tier-1 cutting punditry

Updated on August 20, 2021 in General Stuff
4 on August 14, 2021

So I may as well pop for a thread, while I have the random chance. Especially since we are all familiar with Taibbi.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-vanishing-legacy-of-barack-obama

”A former president flying half the world’s celebrities to spend three days in a maskless ring-kissing romp at a $12 million Martha’s Vineyard mansion, at a moment when only a federal eviction ban prevented the outbreak of a national homelessness crisis, was already an all-time “Fuck the Optics” news event, and that was before the curveball. ”

• Liked by
1 on August 17, 2021

Tiabbi is a mensch.

Obama?

All these years later, I’ve still never understood what anyone saw in him.

I didn’t get it then. I don’t get it now.

on August 18, 2021

Obama?

All these years later, I’ve still never understood what anyone saw in him.

I didn’t get it then. I don’t get it now.

From Fauxmaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 19, 2021

I still remember, vividly, the first time I encountered Sade.

In the lounge in the dorm at the School of Mines, watching SNL.

She came on and I was hooked from the first note.

What a talent!

Some of the other guys hanging around started talking. I told them to quiet down. 

“What?!? You like this crap?!?” one of them said.

Cretin.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 20, 2021

I disliked Taibbi years ago and can’t remember why, other than that he wrote for the Rolling Stone and hated/hates people like me (sticks-in-the-mud).  Now, he is the most forceful, clear, open-minded, and elegant writer known to me.  I and may daughter particularly enjoyed his recent article on the novel “Lolita” and the inability to see real evil due to preoccupation with political incorrectness.

He has one annoying habit: he often adds a “Now, don’t get me wrong (and cancel me), I hate Trump as much as anyone.”  I don’t care whom he hates, but he sounds weak-kneed when he writes stuff like that.

• Liked by
Cancel